PlayBook 2.0 Contacts needs a bit more...

9:37:00 PM Unknown Labels: , , , , , , , ,

  • Google Plus
  • Pinterest
So... Contacts surprisingly, and disappointingly does not support sync between the PlayBook and a BlackBerry smartphone.

What?

All my contacts are mostly on my BlackBerry smartphone (a Torch 9800). So to get 160+ contacts to my PlayBook, this is the route I had to follow:


  1. Using Desktop Manager (for Mac in my case) sync the BlackBerry contacts with Address Book
  2. Select all contacts in Address Book and export all to a vCards.vcf file.
  3. I use Hotmail, and Hotmail does not support .vcf files. However, Gmail does. So...
    1. I setup a Gmail account (about time anyway) and imported the .vcf file.
    2. Then, I immediately exported all contacts to an Outlook compatible .csv file.
    3. In Hotmail, I imported the new .csv file
    4. On the PlayBook, in the Hotmail account setup, I turned on the option to sync contacts.
    5. Opened up my Contacts app on the PlayBook and all contacts appears. Many even linked automatically to Facebook and Twitter contacts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: