Twitter and multiple accounts
Years ago I set myself up on Twitter, not very certain n how I'd use it. I thought the best way would be to help advertise my freelancing. So I went ahead and set myself up as @SymbiantDesigns and ran with it.As time passed I started to use it more and more. But my tweets were not always work related. While much of it was regarding various forms of new media, a lot of it was about my day, conversations about my day, or how things are going in a video game.
I clued in that I may be doing myself more harm than good. That, and I was beginning to forget my freelancing business name was visible. Posting rants and opinions - some which may offend a few, could lead to bad business. Not good.
So today I ran through a suggested routine for changing user names, and maintaining the current one.
- Log into Twitter, go in the profile settings, switch username and save
- In another browser (so you do not have to log out) create a frwsh new account using a new email, and your old user name. Save.
- With your old account set up, make a tweet saying, "This account is no longer active. Please follow @YourNewName" or something along those lines.
Its funny. I now have a new sense of "freedom" when tweeting. You can now follow me at @PegCityNerd. @SymbiantDesigns will still be used, but only for work related topics.





0 comments: